Lincoln, Newark and Gainsborough Colleges deliver further education studies including A Levels, Technical Training and Apprenticeships, offering a range of levels within further education starting from Entry Level to Level 3.
Thinking about university but would like to attend a smaller campus, with smaller class sizes? Would you prefer a condensed timetable and access to a career degree bursary? Studying higher education at Lincoln College may be the right option for you.
Enrolling onto an Apprenticeship is a great alternative option to university due to the combination of studying and on-the-job training which provides the opportunity to develop practical skills, earn a wage and work towards nationally recognised qualifications.
· Do It: Search, view and register your interest for the perfect volunteering opportunity.
· Careerpilot: Find out more on how volunteering helps you, the organisations that support volunteering and what to expect as a volunteer.
· Lincs Voluntary Centre Services: Search for organisations in your local community that would appreciate your time and access news and networks in the voluntary and community sector.
· Newark Volunteer Centre: Explore the current volunteering opportunities within the Newark and Sherwood area and download a registration form to join.
· Not Going to Uni is the UK’s leading website for school and college leavers. Use the search tool to explore new opportunities as an alternative to university.
· Studential offers support with your gap year options and can help you decide whether a gap year is right for you.
· Year Out Group can support you with information and advice about gap year basics, gap year inspiration and approved gap year providers.
· International Citizen Service (ICS) is a UK Government funded programme providing volunteer placements to 18-25 year olds and Team Leader placements to 23-35 year olds.
· Lattitude Global Volunteering is an international youth development charity and supports international volunteering and gap year placements for 17-25 year olds.
· BUNAC are experts in work abroad programs and have extensive experience in offering work and travel experiences around the world to students and young people and help with internships abroad, summer in the states, working holidays and career breaks and volunteering.
· GAP 360 can help you choose from 200+ gap travel programmes in over 50 destinations. Their expert travel advisers help you plan your dream trip to the very last detail.
· Camp America is your chance to spend 9 weeks working abroad in America. Make friends from all over the world, try new things, gain new skills and so much more.
· Prefer to start searching for jobs and begin work?
Explore our recommended job search websites and career specific employers.
· Want to find out what jobs are in demand in your local area?
Labour market information is a useful tool to research future jobs in the local area to understand the skills needed for certain job roles and the demand for future employment.
· Know what job you want to apply for?
Use our career planning support for tips on CV’s, covering letters and interviews, take a career quiz and explore job profiles to give you all the information and advice you need to have the advantage over your competition.
"Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently" – Michelle Obama